Sunday, March 08, 2009

Amazing James

I called my dad to have my weekly chat with him, and in the process I told him that I had chatted online with my brother, his son, David. My dad then asked me if I wanted to talk to him as he was there with my dad. I was surprised, and asked if David was visiting him. That's when my dad realised he was thinking James, his grandson was his son David.

I spoke to James for almost 45 minutes talking about what is happening with my dad. James moved in with my dad while the family awaited caregivers to come and help him out. Now that the caregivers are there, my nephew doesn't feel comfortable leaving as on more than one occasion the caregivers have forgotten to come. Essentially their job is to come three times a day to make sure he is taking his pills. One woman came and filled in the paper work stating she had watched him take the pills with water, but when James came into the kitchen he discovered the pills on the table. Also it seems that they are really only there to make sure he takes his pills. Only one person stops to have a little chat while they are there. The others are in and out.

I am extremely happy that James is there. He has managed, single-handedly to clean up my dad's house, even his bedroom! My dad won't allow anyone to touch anything, as he wants it left the way my mum had it when she died. Anyway James had removed cobwebs and dust and dirt and grime from everywhere. He is now working on trying to get him to bathe more often, good luck on that one!

I can only call in to check up on my dad, so it is very comforting to know that someone is there during the day. James drives a cab at night, so he can spend the daylight hours with his grandpa.

No comments: