Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Year: New Attitude

So 2007 passed and I am looking forward to a year of adventure and accomplishments.

Having just hosted my 3rd Board Games night in my apartment I have decided that this will be a monthly activity that I will host. The first Friday of each month invite people from MEETin as well as friends from other areas of my life to come and join me in playing an assortment of board games.

Last night's event was the biggest one so far with an attendance of 23 in my new 1 bedroom apartment. It was quite squished and often loud at times. This was solved with a group playing Trivial Pursuit going into the bedroom and playing on my bed.

The rest of us played Outburst, with 2 teams, followed by Apples to Apples, and then the new WOW Cranium.

There was a huge assortment of snacks and drinks, the chips kept on coming! But we did have some healthy choices of veggies and cheese and crackers too.

As the evening rolled on players left, until there were 5 of us left. We sat and talked about mushrooms, Columbus's Egg, the influence of today's media, and much more. Finally at 4:15 am I decided it was time to wrap it up!

Next games night is February 1st.

No comments: