Sunday, October 09, 2005

THANKSGIVING



Here in Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in October. For me it is mostly an excuse for a day off all to myself. Don't get me wrong, I do give thought to the things I am thankful for, but I don't really need one day a year to do this, I try to do it everyday.

There are other reasons that I don't really celebrate this holiday. I am vegetarian, and HATE tofu, so no tofurkey for me, thanks! Most holidays are centred around two things, food and family. I have an adult son, and that is my family. All other members of my family live in England, and they don't have a Thanksgiving holiday there. So no family, no turkey equals no Thanksgiving!

I work in a school and am always grateful for a day off, especially this one, as it is the first after going back to school. So plans for this long weekend are as follows:
Shopping
Cleaning
Scrapbooking
Relaxing
Reading
Walking in the crisp fall temperatures in my neighbourhood in Toronto


HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE
*Check out the link on the title.

No comments: