Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween

Here we are, the 3 staff in my classroom.  Myself, the Black Widow Spider, the teacher the Hippy and the educational assistant, the pumpkin woman.

My costume is missing the extra legs I made.  When I sewed them all together, I didn't realise that I wouldn't be able to move my arms around very much, so I was restricted.  Therefore after only an hour I took them off.  The dress is hard to see like this, it is a very fine black lace type of material.  I am also wearing a black veil which I had originally wore over my face, (the widow bit), but turned it around to the back while I was working.  Some of the kids thought I had dyed my hair black.  NEVER!  It makes me look really old!!  I have really long fake eye lashes on, that fascinated the kids.  The best comment I had all day was from the non verbal autistic boy I work with, when he got off the school bus he said, "Mary's new eyelashes", then about 2 minutes later he said, "Butterfly kisses, please!"  So of course I had to give him some.

Below is my son's very first Halloween costume.  He is 18 months old.  I cut the feet off an old yellow sleeper that was too small, put on an old red hat I found at Goodwill along with his red rubber boots, and added a little make up.  The intention was for him to be a clown, but the kids who came Trick or Treating at our door thought he was Ronald McDonald!

1 comment:

Kathy Carr said...

Great costume Mary!!