Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter


I have 4 days off for the Easter holiday. I don't do religious holidays, just lost faith along the way. But I am grateful for the extra days off, as it gives me a chance to reconnect with friends and family. 


I spent most of Friday at home tidying and putting stuff away. It was a record breaking temperature, but when I went out, it didn't feel that way to me. So I didn't feel too bad about staying in. I did go out on my E-bike to pick up a new vacuum cleaner, as my old one broke 2 new belts on the first try. I found a good one that does floors and carpet, and it is very light weight.

On Saturday I went grocery shopping and got some great deals. I also went to Joe Fresh to check out their new summer stuff. It was another warm day, although not record breaking this time. I found some great deals on tee shirts, as well as a cardigan and a pair of shorts. I dropped into the St. Lawrence Market to pick up a few things, and found a Kinder Surprise egg that I bought for Thomas, and then promptly ate it later that afternoon! 

 I spent the majority of the day outside, enjoying the sunshine. I took a few photos of flowers that have blossomed already. Those poor things will have a shock when the temperature returns to the normal for this time of year.

I called my aunt in England, she is my mum's sister, so it's almost like talking to my mum. We had a good laugh about roller coasters and other daring activities she used to love to sneak away and do. Later I chatted with a friend in England on Skype, he didn't even realize he had Skype till I messaged him on it! 


Sunday I am cooking brunch for Beatriz and just chilling out. I plan on making some omelettes, hash browns, and tomatoes with some fresh strawberries, blueberries and bananas with yoghurt for dessert. 

Happy Easter everyone.

No comments: