Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Busy Doing Nothing

My life has been a bit confusing and mixed up in the last few weeks.  Things have happened to me that I cannot explain, and I have been accused of something that isn't very nice.  I am at this time not at work, and I don't know when I will return.  I can't really get specific on the details as there is are investigations going on.

So the trick has been to keep myself busy so that I am not overwhelmed with negative thoughts, and obsessing with what the outcome may end up being.

I decided that it would be a great idea to go back to my personal fitness trainer, Meredith and work with her a couple of times a week.  This has been a great help.  I go up to her condo and use the gym there.  It is much more personal, cleaner and comfortable.

I am also doing a little shopping here and there and spending far too much  money.  But what's wrong with that?  I bought a great pair of rubber boots to wear in the rain, some clothes, and scrapbook supplies.


I got my hair cut and went back to having highlights.  In order to make it look natural, Telli my hairdresser had to give me high and low lights.  It turned out quite dark, almost my own hair colour.  She also wanted to make my hair a little healthier, as there were quite a few split ends.  So she cut it quite short.  So at this point I am not much in love with my hairstyle and colour.  Thank goodness it grows!


I have been to a few events with MeetIn.  I saw Grease a few weeks back, then more recently I saw Burn the Floor.  I thought this dance show would be great as some of the dancers were from So You Think You Can Dance.  However it was quite repetitious and at times boring.  I was expecting the dances to tell a story, but it lacked there somewhat.

I have been out for dinner a few times, and a lunch here and there, more money spent!  But it is important to surround yourself with friends while your life is taking you on an unknown path.  I was at a wonderful restaurant for lunch on Sunday, Bar Mercurio on Bloor St. W.  They have gluten-free desserts.  Lots of them.  I am going to have to go back to try each and every one of them.  This could potentially become my first date meeting place!!

I went to get an ultrasound of my shoulder and they ended up doing both shoulders.  I have to wait until next Friday to get the results.  But yesterday at my weekly physiotherapy appointment my therapist Sabrina at Athletes Care told me that the scan shows tears on both shoulders.  She had initially thought it was just an impingement, but realized after a number of treatments that there must be more.  So I'll find out from Dr. Edelist what the treatment will be.  Sabrina doesn't think surgery is an option as the tear is only partial on each side.  So it's likely that it will have to continue to be medication for the pain and physiotherapy.

I participated in a great scavenger hunt a few weekends ago.  There were about 4-500 people who met at Nathan Philips Square, and we got into groups of about 8.  My group were mostly couchsurfers.  We had a blast finding all the stuff.  We broke up into smaller groups to get it all done.  2 hours later we returned to Nathan Philips Square to discover that we came 12th after the scores were totaled up.



I met a friend at Ed's Ice Cream shop for a well deserved treat.  I usually get cappuccino and raspberry, they are my favourite flavours.  While there I saw my friend's photography pieces on display in the shop.  Very cool, literally, they are photos of ice sculptures.

My good friend Beatriz celebrated her birthday on April 30, so I got her a ticket to join me at the show Burn The Floor.  She enjoyed it, but also said it was a bit repetitious.  After the show we went to the Pickle Barrel, and ate some food with a few others from MeetIn.  I spent almost a week on a mini album that I made for Beatriz's birthday present.

Now we are here in May, and I need to find new things to do. May 1st was National Scrapbook Day, so I spent a large part of the weekend completing challenges offered by My Pink Stamper.



I am planning on joining a few people to make a few cards.  My Stampin'Up demonstrator, Caroline holds classes for stampers every month.

I have had a few hours sitting in the sun, reading and relaxing, but that gets boring quickly.

So if you have any ideas of how I can keep busy, let me know.

No comments: