Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Party

My first Christmas party was spent with Maria and Mehmet, whom I only see a few times a year.












Maria is George's sister.  She survive breast cancer, and is on the mend.


 Her daughter Meggie was there, and her boyfriend, as well as Tanya another family member.








I got a ride with other friends of Maria's as they now live too far away to take the TTC.  Tom and Carrie picked me up from the subway and also brought me back to the city.

Maria's home is absolutely beautiful, however in a few months they will be moving into a smaller home not far from where they live now.  Their neighbourhood was filled with homes that went all out on decorations for the holiday.  Lights everywhere.


When it came to the food, it was the first time I've ever been somewhere to eat where I didn't have to worry about what was in the food.  Maria is also sensitive to wheat and is vegetarian!  So I ate to my heart's content.

It was great to catch up, with my 'sister' and to meet new people.  We even did some Greek dancing!





Thanks again Maria for sharing the holidays with me in your home.  It means a lot.

No comments: