Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shopping Road Trip

Every once in a while my fellow scrapbooker Keitha invites me along to a shopping road trip to purchase scrapbooking supplies.  On Tuesday December 29 she picked me up in front of my building at about 9:45am.  We headed west and our first stop was Michaels at the Dixie Value Mall.  I was very excited because I had seen the flyer and they had Cricut cartridges on sale and I was ready to buy at least two, perhaps more.  Unfortunately when I saw them I was confused as to why they were priced at $119.95.  I was told by the sales associate that the sale ended the day before.  CRUSHED!  I managed to spend $18 on this and that, thanks to a 50% off one item coupon I found online.

We drove further west looking for Angela's Craft Centre at 37 King St in Dundas.  Somehow we ended up in Stoney Creek at the same address!  So on our way to the correct address we stopped off at The Memory Keeper in Hamilton on 1119 Fennell Av.  I had seen them at the CreativFestival earlier in the year, and had even ordered a Scorpal from their website.  When we got to the store, I was really impressed.  There was a class going on in the back and I felt as though I wanted to sit down and join in.  The store itself carried lots of current and new items including the Hero Art's stamps.  We spent a long time here.  I picked up a deep cut blade and housing for my Cricut at a great price.  They had some great page kits that I picked up and I added a few more Copic markers to my collection.  Their Cuttlebug folders were really inexpensive and I picked up the Diamond Plate.

We were getting hungry at this time and stopped off at Tim Horton's for lunch.  I was successful in getting them to make an egg salad sandwich on my gluten-free bread, unlike the Tim Horton's in Toronto.

We received  better directions to Angela's and eventually arrived there!  This store has some amazing cards on display and taking photos of them is encouraged.  I bought myself a light box, because I usually use a battery operated touch light under a clear plastic shoebox.  I also picked up a couple of packages of clear acrylic stamps.

From Angela's we headed to Forever Scrapbooks in Burlington.  As we entered we were told that everything in the store was 20% off.  I only found an acrylic block for a new stamp, but Keitha had more luck than me.

Finally we decided to drop off at another Michaels in Oakville.  I picked up some Stickles, 2 packs of card stock and an amazing box from storing photos in but I'll use for other storage.

We headed back to Toronto and arrived at my apartment at about 7pm.  A great day hanging out with a friend who enjoys shopping for scrapbook stuff as much as I do!

No comments: