Thursday, March 31, 2005

bookcrossing.com

Go and check out this website right now!
www.bookcrossing.com

I came across it by accident one day while surfing the net. Basically you read a book, register it on the website, then put a number in the book, and leave it somewhere for someone else to find. They go to the website and key in the number and let you know that they found it. Then they can read it and leave it for someone else to read. Some of the books have traveled all over the world. Very cool.

I released 4 books yesterday. I left one on the subway train, one on a streetcar, one in the changeroom at my physiotherapist, and the last one I left at the sleep disorders clinic where I had an appointment. Ironically the title of the book I left at the clinic was, "Sleeping Beauty."

I know that one was already picked up, as someone has already logged into the website. The one on the streetcar was picked up as soon as I left my seat. I think the others will be picked up pretty quickly.

Anyway I thought it was a great way to pass on books, and to track where they go.

Go look at the website now!

1 comment:

dkse58 said...

This sounds like a great site and a great idea! I will definitely give it a try soon.

Thanks for visiting my own site, After It All. You will reap the benefits of keeping a gratitude journal, if you decide to do that. Blessings to you and yours from Texas!