It has been forever since I last added anything here. Such is my life. Just not that much going on!
My son left on Thursday for a teaching position in Korea. It was a heart wrenching parting, but then I remembered when I was 18 and left England to live here in Canada. He is 23 and ready for an adventure, and I wish him lots of fun and discovery.
I spent New Years Eve at home trying my best to ignore the celebrations. I hate New Years. I have no one to kiss, so it feels quite lonely, therefore I ignore it, and usually watch a DVD.
I am in a cleaning mood. Since my son left I started with his room and cleaned it completely. That took half a day if you can believe that! And today I have been working on the kitchen. I have come up with loads of stuff to put on www.freecycle.org. They'll love this stuff.
As for resolutions, I don't believe in them because every day we should try to do something new! Well that's what my friend Beatriz says! I think that having some hopes and dreams is a much better idea. I am still working on my 1001 things to do, but I haven't fulfilled as many as I had hoped by now. As for some hopes for 2006, I hope to
- remain healthy
- indulge in a long term intimate relationship
- travel at least once in 2006
- continue being passionate about my work
- encourage my dad to visit me
- see my son enjoying his choices
- maintain and build friendships
- live a relatively harmonious life with lots of spontaneity
I have a few dreams to!
- Win some big money
- Wake up beside a loving man each morning
- Have someone else do the cleaning
- Go to South Africa to see my mother's homeland and visit family
- Buy a new livingroom suite
- Grow vegetables in a garden
That's it. Not too far fetched, but dreams all the same.
So to all have a healthy and fun filled 2006!