Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 17

I have much cooking to do today. I will roast some veggies, and steam some too. I like to have that ready for everyday, so that I just have to make the protein part of the meal. I have a rutabaga, (that we call a swede in England), so that will be a different vegetable this week. I usually like to mix it with mashed potato, but since that is off the table, I might see how it goes with sweet potato.

I have been playing it safe with a limited selection of foods, just easy, and convenient I guess. I made some mayonnaise yesterday, and it is wonderful. I have been making egg and tuna salad with EVOO and white balsamic vinegar, but mayonnaise has such a different taste. I can add it to avocado, top sweet potatoes with it, top eggs with it, so that makes a small difference this week.

I went to the gym this morning and was only going to do 35 minutes on the bike as I have been doing, but challenged myself, and added the fit fix equipment that is at GoodLife. There are lots of machines, and I did 2 x 12 reps of each of the machines. I think I was there for at least 90 minutes. So I am happy about that. Since it is Sunday, there weren't many people about, so I took my time and made sure I did the exercises properly. It made me realise that my left shoulder continues to be weak from the surgery I had in 2010.

Day 17

  • Breakfast: Spring mix salad with egg salad
  • Snack: Raw cashews, dates
  • Lunch: Tuna salad, veggies
  • Dinner: Vegetarian shepherds pie, (veggies, aduki beans, sweet potato)

No comments: