Sunday, March 31, 2013

Day 24

I spent the morning catching up with my son, and relaxed as we chatted about his next endeavor, interning for the Toronto Star newspaper. He might even be shooting the Toronto Raptors game tomorrow, and I may be going as a spectator with Glenn, my friend who wins free tickets all the time!

 I spent some time making 2 bereavement cards, for friends who have both lost their partners. One on the first day of their March Break vacation, the other a week ago on March 25th.

I left home at 6pm to do something that scares me to death, eat out at a restaurant. I swore I wouldn't do that during the 30 days, but my friend chose the perfect restaurant, 'Fresh'. Theresa, Glenn, (the friend who wins free tickets), and myself met up with Linda, a friend who lost her boyfriend on the first day of their vacation. We just wanted to make sure she knew we were there to support her, to listen to her, to laugh with her, and to comfort her.

I check the menu online and found a meal that would be whole30 friendly. It was the Italian Raw Bowl: zucchini noodles tossed with basil pesto garnished with kale chips, grape tomatoes, Fresh Protein Boost and sun-dried tomatoes. The protein boost was brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pistachios, sesame, chia, flax, hemp, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I don't recall having any kale chips, but that was okay, because this meal was amazing! May even have to try to make it myself. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of it, perhaps because it looked wonderful and I couldn't wait to get it into my mouth!

Day 24

  • Breakfast: Veggie omlette



  • Lunch: Mixed greens salad, egg salad, veggies, apple, cashews



  • Dinner: Italian Raw Bowl, decaf coffee

No comments: