Saturday, March 09, 2013

Day One

I have committed to this program. I cleared out the cupboards, fridge and freezer. I have a bag full of non perishables that is waiting to go to the fire station for donation to the Daily Bread Foodbank. I did some grocery shopping for at least the next few days. I've planned a few 'go to' meals, and a couple of daily menus. I told a good friend and my son that I am doing this, and recieved support from them. I will go to the whole 30 forum to report my start date, and I'm ready to go.

Day 1

  • Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, roasted veggies and water 
  • Lunch: spinach salad, veggies, boiled egg, walnuts, balsamic vinegar and EVOO dressing. Greek yogourt and strawberries 
  • Dinner: fish, roasted veggies, greek yogourt, banana, blueberries
  • Snack: apple, almonds

I had a 12 noon dr. appointment and that was why I had the snack. I am hoping to get through this without snacking, but I won't stress if I need to. I was thinking about food after dinner and had cravings for sweetness, but the fruit didn't satisfy it. I also got really tired in the evening and at one point, dozed off for a few minutes.

There it is. Day one a success!

No comments: